The Shielded Lands/Campaign Rules
These rules govern The Shielded Lands.
- Every player is allowed one character at a time, created according to the character creation rules
- Time will be tracked according to the campaign calendar
- The current campaign date is 26 Marble 1208
- The entire party has one XP value, which is used to determine every player's level (e.g., when the party has 2,700 XP, the entire party is level 4)
- Magical items are not "identified" during a short rest. Rather, a character can spend one hour to attune to the magical item to determine what effects it may have and how to use it.
- This does not reveal the name of the item, or any secret effects, nor does it consume any of the charges (if any) the item has.
- This is done in lieu of a short rest, during the same time period.
- The identify spell works per RAW.
- Falling unconscious due to 0 HP requires death saves per RAW. If the character survives, they gain a point of exhaustion upon waking.
- To use the help action with a skill check, the helper must be proficient in the skill being checked.
- The spell
Counterspelldoes not exist and may not be taken under any circumstances.
- Some feats have been adjusted, as listed below
- Mage Slayer
- The attack made as a reaction from this feat occurs before the spell triggering the feat finishes casting. This means that successfully causing damage to the spell caster will require a concentration save to finish casting the spell. Failing this concentration save results in the spell being lost but the spell slot still having been spent.
While traveling distances in the world, you can only travel a certain distance per day when using your normal walking pace
|Fast||30 miles||5 passive Pereception|
|Slow||18 miles||Able to use Stealth|
These speeds are subject to change when traveling over harder to traverse terrains or during adverse weather conditons
- These rules may change from time to time
- Generally, at least one weeks notice will be given before changes are made
- Any characters already in the party that complied with the previous version of the ruleset is grandfathered into the new rules, though any new characters must comply with the latest version of the ruleset at the time of their introduction.